0345 762 6158 Mon - Thu 8:30am - 6pm, Fri - 8:30am - 5.30pm

Landlord Insurance

Get your rental property covered. Policies for single, multiple and commercial properties with a range of options.

Get a quote


Compare public liability insurance quotes from the following insurers:

Build your own Landlord insurance policy to include:

  • Property Owners Liability

    Property Owners Liability

  • Buildings Cover

    Buildings Cover

  • Loss of Rent Cover

    Loss of Rent Cover

  • Accidental Damage

    Accidental Damage

Additional benefits for FSB members on your landlord insurance

Federation of Small Businesses members qualify for additional benefits and discounts on all landlord insurance policies.

Available benefits include: 

  • Exclusive discounts reserved for FSB Members
  • Higher levels of cover where possible
  • Free access to our Business Continuity Portal

To find out what you are entitled to, give our team a call today on 0345 762 6158.

Single, multiple or commercial properties

If you are the landlord of a single property, or a whole portfolio of properties, sourcing reliable insurance can be time-consuming and complicated, especially if you end up having to juggle multiple renewal dates.

Getting and comparing quotes online can be incredibly straight-forward depending on your property and you can get on cover in minutes by clicking the link below.

Get a quote

If you prefer to do business over the phone or need a slightly more bespoke solution, then give one of our team a call today on 0345 762 6158 and they will be able to give you a better ideas of what's available for you.

What can landlord insurance include?

A landlord insurance package should support you and your investment. Some of the cover that can be taken out includes:

Loss of rent: If you rent out properties for long enough, you will inevitably come across the problems of a non-paying tenant. While the law is heavily in favour of tenants, this cover will seek to help you recover some of the debt you are owed.

Building cover: This is probably one of the more obvious features that you will want to include on your policy. This will protect the physical building from damage.

Contents cover: If you rent out your property as furnished or part furnished, this can cover:

  • Any of the furniture you supply against damage or theft
  • Damage or theft of carpets
  • Can also sometimes cover items in communal areas

This won't however cover the contents belonging to your tenants - they would need their own insurance for that.

Property owners' liability: This is similar to public liability insurance. If someone has an accident on your property and it turns out to be as a result of your negligence, this can cover the compensation costs you are demanded to pay.

Subsidence cover: When a property is subsiding, it means it is sinking into the ground. This can be as a result from soil shrinking or from trees sucking moisture out of the soil. Damage resulting from this can be covered, but it is worth checking what sort of excess you will be liable and be aware that a history or high risk of subsidence could increase your premiums.

Accidental damage: Generally, adding accidental damage cover will protect you against repairing damage to underground cables or piping in the property, but can also cover some of the landlord's contents including carpets depending on the policy arranged.

All landlord's cover is subject to insurers underwriting criteria, terms and conditions. Please contact our team for full details.